1. The United Kingdom ended its long summering row with Iran over one of the its most prized possessions of Persian provenance, a terracotta document written by a Persian king 2500 years ago and described as the first charter of human rights. What’s the name of that invaluable
Babylon document which is now handed over to from the British museum? Tehran
2. Who won the Jnanapith award for the year 2007 for his exquisite contribution to the Indian poetry through his mother-tongue? He is a phenomenal lyricist and has been honored with National award as well.
3. Even 3 decades after the Vietnam War, this country bears the headache of clearing a huge number of unexploded ordnance (UXO) dropped by
during the war. Name the world’s most bombed country whose tonnage of dropped bombs exceeds the same in the entire USA Europe during Second World War?
4. Which two countries signed the Artic border pact ending a 40 year dispute over an energy rich area in the
5. In which country was the 2800 year old burial chamber belonging to the priest Karakhamun (755 B.C) uncovered by a team led by Dr. Elena Pischikova?
6. World’s largest wind farm is located in which place?
7. Which is the world’s biggest solar powered boat?
8. The gene which is supposed to be the root cause of myopia (Short sightedness) has been discovered by biologists. What’s the name given to that gene?
9. Amir Khan Production’s PEEPLI [Live] has been elected as the Indian entry to the Oscar award nomination for the best foreign movie. Who is the director of the movie?
10.Which movie made Gloria Stewart famous? She died at the age of 100 recently. She is the oldest academy award nominee for acting.
11.How did Tembhali village in Nandurbar district of Maharashtra reach headlines?
12.Who wrote the book ‘Obama Wars’?
UK’s first Asian judge who was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II earlier this year and received the Pride of award for 2010? India
14.Britain’s labour party showed an extraordinary streak of boldness by replacing Gordon Brown as its leader and electing a young, left-of centre person. He is the youngest leader in the party’s modern history overtaking Tony Blair by few months. Name this person in news who is a non-Marxist son of a Marxist theorist?
CLICK HERE for the answers.
[Note the EDITION]